What Protections Can Fitness Centers Get From Fitness Club Policies?
Most fitness club insurance policies come with multiple coverages that fitness clubs might benefit from having. Many of these policies can be categorized in to liability protections, which usually protect against lawsuits, and property protections, which usually protect assets a business has.
Some of the liability protections that fitness club policies commonly come with are:
- General Liability Coverage, which might insure against “slip-and-fall” accidents that occur on a center’s property
- Participant Liability Coverage, which might insure against injuries sustained by members who participate in official fitness center activities
- Spectator Liability Coverage, which might insure against injuries sustained by bystanders near official fitness center activities
- Professional Liability Coverage, which might insure against errors that fitness center employees make while working with members
- Product Liability Coverage, which might insure against harm and damage that products which a fitness center sells cause
- Cyber Liability Coverage, which might insure against online threats that a fitness center faces
- Commercial Umbrella Liability Coverage, which might offer a secondary level of supplemental liability protection for large lawsuits
Some of the property protections that fitness club policies frequently offer are:
- Building Coverage, which normally inspires buildings that a fitness center owns
- Contents Coverage, which normally insures equipment and supplies kept on a center’s property
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage, which normally insures vital equipment if it breaks down
- Business Income Coverage, which normally insures against sustained revenue losses following covered incidents
Are High-Risk Activities Normally Covered by Fitness Club Insurance Policies?
Whether a fitness club insurance policy extends coverage to high-risk activities, such as contact sports or other riskier endeavors, depends on the terms and conditions of that particular policy. Some policies do offer coverage for high-risk activities, while others do not.
An insurance agent who knows this type of insurance can help fitness centers that need coverage for high-risk activities find a policy that provides the protections these centers need.
How Much Do Fitness Club Policies Cost?
The premiums that insurers charge for fitness club policies vary, because the rates are based on many different factors. In general, though, these policies are affordable considering how much protection they provide.
An independent agent who’s able to compare quotes across multiple insurers can help fitness centers determine how much they’ll have to pay for a policy. With an independent agent, the process of comparing policies is straightforward and streamlined.
How Can Fitness Centers in Massachusetts Get Gym Insurance?
If you need help finding insurance for a fitness center in Massachusetts, contact the Scott Insurance Agency. Our independent agents will help you assess your center's coverage needs, and they’ll work closely with you to find an affordable gym insurance policy that meets those needs.