What Coverages Do Wedding Policies Offer?
Wedding policies normally offer multiple coverages in order to help protect policyholders from a range of potential risks. The coverages policies offer, however, aren’t always uniform. In many cases, wedding policies can be categorized into two groups depending on the coverages they afford.
Wedding liability insurance policies typically help protect against the liability risks that holding a wedding presents. For example, a wedding liability insurance policy might help pay legal fees and settlements if someone is hurt in a covered claim during the wedding and the policyholder is held responsible. Coverages that these types of policies may provide include:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage, which normally covers guests’ injuries
- Property Damage Liability Coverage, which normally covers damage caused to other parties’ property
- Liquor Liability Coverage, which normally covers alcohol-related incidents
- Umbrella Liability Coverage, which normally offers supplemental liability protection
Wedding cancellation insurance policies usually help safeguard deposits and other payments that are made to vendors. These policies’ coverages often protect against outright cancellation of a planned wedding, as well as other vendor-related risks. Coverage options sometimes include:
- Gowns and Tuxedos Coverage, which may cover the cost of replacing rented clothing that gets damaged
- Catering and Cake Coverage, which may cover the cost of hiring another company if the contracted baker isn’t able to provide a cake on time
- Wedding Photographer Coverage, which may cover the cost of reassembling the wedding party for another shoot if there’s a problem with the wedding pictures
- Military Service Coverage, which may cover the cost of rescheduling a wedding if one spouse is called to active duty
Because there are many coverages available and some coverages are only offered through certain types of wedding policies, couples and hosts should work with a knowledgeable insurance agent when purchasing a policy. Someone who specializes in wedding liability insurance policies and other wedding policies will know what coverages are wise to procure and how they can be obtained.
Do Wedding Policies Offer Honeymoon Coverage?
Honeymoon coverage is one protection that’s frequently not found in wedding policies. Instead, couples who want protection for deposits and other payments made for their honeymoon should look at travel insurance options. An agent who’s familiar with wedding liability insurance can likely either help with travel insurance themselves or recommend someone who is able to.