What Coverages Are Available Through Plumbers Policies?
There are several different coverages that plumbers policies might offer as standard or available protections. Some of the more widely available protections include:
- General Liability Coverage, which may cover certain common accidents that result in third-party injury or property damage
- Errors and Omissions Coverage, which may cover mistakes that result in injury or property damage
- Commercial Umbrella Coverage, which may cover expensive lawsuits with supplemental liability protection
- Commercial Property Coverage, which may cover an owned building, equipment and supplies
- Commercial Auto Coverage, which may cover owned vans and trucks
- Inland Marine Coverage, which may cover equipment and supplies taken between job sites
- Installation Floater Coverage, which may cover products between the time of purchase and when they’re installed
Along with these protections, businesses may also want business interruption coverage, cyber liability coverage, or any of several other protections.
What Massachusetts Businesses Need a Plumbers Insurance Policy?
Broadly speaking, the vast majority of businesses and individuals that provide plumbing services in Massachusetts ought to carry a plumbers insurance policy. This generally includes both residential and commercial plumbers, and is usually true irrespective of how large or small a business may be. Few entities and people in this line of work are free from risk, and a plumbers policy is normally the best way to protect against the risks that come with this line of work.
Moreover, plumbers shouldn’t mistake legal business structures’ protections with the what insurance policies offer. While forming a corporation or partnership may offer some protections, the protections that insurance policies provide are normally different from those that incorporating affords.
In some cases, businesses that deal with plumbing-related issues while also offering other services might need the same protections as plumbers. Septic tank installers, home builders, kitchen remodelers, general contractors and pipe fitters, for instance, might benefit from having a plumbing policies’ coverages.
Whether these businesses should purchase a traditional plumbers insurance policy or another type of commercial policy, however, depends on their particular situation. An insurance agent who’s familiar with plumbers policies can help sort through a business’ specific risk exposures and make an informed recommendation as to what type of policy that business should have.
How Can Plumbers in Massachusetts Get Plumbing Insurance?
For help finding plumbers insurance that meets your business’ particular needs, contact the agents of Scotti Insurance Agency. Our independent insurance agents are able to show you quotes from multiple insurance companies in Massachusetts, and they have the expertise necessary to help you select the best plumbing insurance policy for your business. With their help, you can be confident that your business is well protected.