What Coverages Do Landscaper Insurance Policies Provide?
Businesses frequently adjust the multiple coverages included in landscaper policies to suit their particular situations, so precisely what coverages specific policies offer can vary. Nevertheless, there are several coverages that policies make widely available and many landscaping businesses select. Some of the more common ones are:
- General Liability Coverage, which might certain cover common accidents and liability suits
- Product Liability Coverage, which might cover damage and harm caused by products a business provides
- Pollution Liability Coverage, which might cover environmental contamination caused by chemicals a business uses
- Errors and Omissions Coverage, which might cover incorrect advice that’s given to customers
- Commercial Property Coverage, which might cover owned buildings and equipment
- Commercial Auto Coverage, which might cover owned vehicles
- Inland Marine Coverage, which might cover owned equipment while it’s being transported
An insurance agent who specializes in landscaper insurance will likely be familiar with these and other coverage options, and they can help businesses select the coverages that make sense for their situation.
Do Landscaper Policies Offer Workers Compensation?
Generally speaking, landscaper policies don’t normally come with workers compensation coverage. Instead, this is typically procured through a separate policy when it’s needed. Most insurance agents who assist with landscaper insurance can also help with workers compensation.
Should Landscapers Carry Insurance During the Winter?
Landscapers who don’t work over the winter often are able to reduce their insurance coverages during this time, but canceling a policy outright isn’t necessarily wise.
When a policy is canceled altogether, the action can create coverage gaps that may have multiple negative effects. A gap can leave businesses exposed to property damage risks and liability risks, and it sometimes leads to higher insurance rates in the future.
In contrast, keeping a minimal policy in place prevents a premium-increasing gap from occurring and continues to protect a business against the risks it still does face during these months. An agent can help adjust coverages so that a business is protected but also saves on its insurance premiums.
How Much Do Landscaping Policies Cost?
Insurance companies consider many factors when setting premiums for landscaping policies. Some of the items that might impact a policy’s rates are the:
- Location of a landscaping business
- Region served by a business
- Equipment and chemicals used by a business
- Size of a business
- Coverages and limits selected for a policy
How Can Landscapers in Massachusetts Get Landscaping Insurance?
For help insuring a landscaping business in Massachusetts, contact the independent insurance agents at Scotti Insurance Agency. Our team has helped many landscapers in the state find landscaping insurance, and we’re ready to assist you as well. Because we’re an independent agency, our team members are able to recommend the best available policy options no matter what insurance company offers them.