What Businesses in Massachusetts Need Entertainment Industry Insurance?
Entertainment industry insurance can be adapted to serve a wide array of businesses that operate in the industry. Some Massachusetts businesses that might want to explore this type of policy include:
- Commercial film production companies
- Motion picture production companies
- Television and radio production companies
- Concert and event venues
- Performers and entertainers
- Photographers and videographers
- Theaters and troupes
- Live performers
Businesses that are unsure whether they should get an entertainment policy or something else should talk with an insurance agent who specializes in entertainment industry insurance. A specialized agent will be able to make informed recommendations, as they’ll know what entertainment policies normally do and don’t protect against.
What Coverages Are Included in Entertainment Industry Insurance Policies?
Businesses can often customize the coverages included in an entertainment industry insurance policy to meet their particular needs, so coverage combinations regularly vary from one policy to the next. Nonetheless, there are many coverages that are frequently available as either standard or optional protections.
Some of the coverages offered are fairly specific to the entertainment industry:
- Cast Coverage, which may cover performers’ injuries
- Props Coverage, which may cover props used for a performance or filming
- Special Events Liability Coverage, which may cover risks related to hosting events
Other coverages are used by businesses in many industries, including the entertainment industry:
- General Liability Coverage, which may cover third-party injuries and defamation lawsuits
- Errors and Omissions Coverage, which may cover mistakes made when working
- Third Party Property Damage Coverage, which may cover damage caused to others’ property
- Equipment Coverage, which may cover company-owned equipment
- Commercial Auto Coverage, which may cover company-owned vehicles
- Umbrella Coverage, which may provide additional liability coverage
- Workers Compensation Coverage, which may over employee injuries
After helping determine whether an entertainment policy is appropriate for a business, a specialized agent can also assist with coverage selection.
How Much Do Entertainment Policies Cost?
Insurance companies consider many different factors when setting premiums for entertainment policies. The number of employees, the size of a production, the location of a production and the type of work done within the entertainment industry can all impact a policy’s rate.
In most cases, however, policies are available at an affordable price. Purchasing a policy is almost always more affordable than facing a major claim with no protection in place.
An independent insurance agent can help businesses find an affordable policy that offers the coverages they need. Unlike captive agents that often only show one insurance company’s policy offerings, independent agents can share policies from multiple insurers and help select the best option regardless of who offers it.
How Can Businesses in Massachusetts Get Entertainment Insurance?
For help finding entertainment insurance, contact Scotti Insurance Agency. Our independent agents have helped many Massachusetts businesses that are in the entertainment industry find insurance policies that are right for them, and our team has the expertise necessary to get your business the right policy too.