Other Massachusetts businesses that are similar may also benefit from this type of policy.
Any business that’s unsure whether cafe insurance or another insurance is better for them can get advice from an insurance agent who’s familiar with these policies. A specialized agent will be able to provide individual advice after reviewing a business' situation.
What Coverages Should Coffee Shops Look for in Cafe Insurance?
The coverages that coffee shops need vary, and so do the coverages that cafe insurance policies offer. In most cases, however, there are a few common protections that are both needed and offered. Some of these include:
- Building Coverage, which might cover an owned building and/or secondary structures
- Contents Coverage, which might cover furniture, smallwares and other items
- Tenants Betterment Coverage, which might cover improvements leasing tenants make
- General Liability Coverage, which might cover common accidents and a few lawsuits
- Product Liability Coverage, which might cover harm that sold foods or beverages cause
- Umbrella Coverage, which might offer another layer of liability protection
Coffee shops that have vehicles likely also need commercial auto coverage. Massachusetts state law typically requires this if a business owns a car, van or truck that’s taken on public roads.
Do Coffee Shop Policies Offer Liquor Liability Coverage?
Coffee shops generally need liquor liability coverage if they serve adult drinks. The coverage is normally a prerequisite to obtaining a liquor license, and it typically provides important protections for alcohol-related incidents that other coverages exclude.
Most coffee shops that serve alcohol and therefore need liquor liability insurance will be able to procure the coverage through a coffee shop policy.
How Are Premiums for Coffee Shop Policies Determined?
Insurance companies look at many factors when they calculate premiums for coffee shop policies. A few of the details that can impact cost include:
- The location of a cafe
- The square footage of a cafe
- The menu items that a cafe offers
- The number of customers that a cafe serves
- The past claims history of a cafe
Naturally, the chosen coverages, deductibles and limits for a policy also have a direct impact on price.
Owners can find out how much insuring their particular coffee shop will cost by speaking with an independent insurance agent. Independent agents aren’t beholden to a single insurer, so they can show quotes from multiple insurance companies. This makes it quick and easy to determine which insurer offers the necessary coverages at the best available price.
Where Can Coffee Shops Get Coffee Shop Insurance?
If you need assistance with insuring a coffee shop or similar business that’s located in Massachusetts, contact us at Scotti Insurance Agency. Our agents can show you multiple insurance policy options since we’re independent, and we have the expertise necessary to help you decipher which coffee shop insurance solution is best for your business. With our guidance, you can have confidence that your coffee shop or cafe is well protected.