What is cannabis delivery insurance?
Businesses that transport cannabis are exposed to multiple risks, and this is something that almost every business in the industry does. One way that Massachusetts cannabis businesses can protect their crops and themselves during transport is by purchasing cannabis delivery insurance.
Transporting cannabis involves significant financial risk. Cannabis delivery insurance may help pay for lost cargo, vehicle damage and injuries if a driver is involved in an accident.
What businesses in Massachusetts need cannabis transport insurance?
Businesses that transport cannabis generally should protect their cargos with cannabis transport insurance. Most businesses in the industry transport cannabis, and thus should consider the insurance. For example, consider the following businesses that deliver cannabis plants, leaves or products:
- Cultivators often deliver grown plants or harvested products to processors
- Third-party harvesters often deliver leaves from cultivation sites to processing locations
- Processors often deliver finished products to laboratories, wholesalers and distributors
- Dispensaries often offer customers delivery services
- Retailers sometimes offer customers delivery services
- Wholesalers specialize in transporting cannabis cargo
- Distributors specialize in transporting cannabis cargo
In short, it’s difficult to find a cannabis business in Massachusetts that doesn’t transport plants or products in some manner.